FC on ASUS SLI Deluxe for AMD64 X2

Mcguffey, David C DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY at saic.com
Wed Mar 1 19:39:09 UTC 2006

> You are completely right about the dm-raid stuff, the _only_ quite
> important issue, is that anaconda does not pick up the dmraid
> stuff yet
> ( in stable RHEL / FC, test releases, as you stated, are
> working towards
> this), therefore, if he has a raid 0 configured under
> windows, i can't
> see anyway where he will be able to write to that logical
> volume at install.

Would it make a difference if I installed FC first, and then Win XP 64?

If I can't dual-boot this system, it certainly has enough clock-cycles to
run a copy of FC in a VMWare window on top of the XP 64.  I could also toss
in another SATA disk outside of RAID 0, and load FC on that. So...there is
are a couple of solutions--albiet not the one I was really after.

Dave McGuffey
Principal Information Assurance Engineer / TSAT SETA
SAIC IISBU, Columbia, MD