FC on ASUS SLI Deluxe for AMD64 X2

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 20:58:50 UTC 2006

On 3/1/06, Mcguffey, David C <DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY at saic.com> wrote:
> > You are completely right about the dm-raid stuff, the _only_ quite
> > important issue, is that anaconda does not pick up the dmraid
> > stuff yet
> > ( in stable RHEL / FC, test releases, as you stated, are
> > working towards
> > this), therefore, if he has a raid 0 configured under
> > windows, i can't
> > see anyway where he will be able to write to that logical
> > volume at install.
> >

> Would it make a difference if I installed FC first, and then Win XP 64?

No.

> If I can't dual-boot this system, it certainly has enough clock-cycles to
> run a copy of FC in a VMWare window on top of the XP 64.  I could also toss
> in another SATA disk outside of RAID 0, and load FC on that. So...there is
> are a couple of solutions--albiet not the one I was really after.

If you want to run a dual boot with Windows on a 250 GB partition and
Fedora on the rest using two 250 GB disks, then what is the point of
having them in a RAID 0 (which is not R of RAID...) in the first
place?  I suggest you just turn off the RAID stuff in the BIOS and use
them as separate disks.  Should save you some trouble.

Jonathan