Reliable Athlon 64 motherboards

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Wed Mar 22 00:33:31 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 13:05, Jeremy Sanders wrote:
> We've tried using an MSI K8NGM2-FID, based on the nforce chipset. This
> works fine and the gigabit forcedeth appears reliable with the latest
> kernel update. However it oopses every few days for no apparent reason.
Same board here with an FX57 - no issues at all...

Also got a K8N Neo4-F with a 3000+ and a K8NGM2-FID with a X2 4400.

None of those have any issues... The Tyan K8WE is also stable - as such I'd
say the nforce boards are pretty stable in gerneral.

Are you sure that your CPU and memory are good? Are you overclocking?

Peter.