Reliable Athlon 64 motherboards

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Wed Mar 22 04:16:30 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 22:57, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> Replacing this board with one compatible with the Plextor drive doesn't
> make much sense. It's a lot of work just for an optical drive and who
> knows if I'll bend a processor pin while transferring the proc.
Oh yeah - I forgot the 939Dual... Got 2 of those, also without any problems...
One FX55 one 3700 now... They are rock solid.

As for the SATA optical drive - nothing other than current Intel southern
bridges work (well) with sata optical drives. Most companies that currently
offer SATA optical drives produce them only to be resold to big OEMs and not
for retail. Anything non-Intel will give you issues.

> Besides
> I'm becoming really interested in embedded devices and just started
> studying "TCP/IP Lean Second Edition" by Jeremy Betham.
Ick ... horrible book in my opinion... If you want every last detail, go with
Stevens' works - if you want a nice to read book, I've heard good things
about "The TCP/IP Guide: A Comprehensive, Illustrated Internet Protocols
Reference" by Charles Kozierok... It also has top ratings on amazon and
b&n...

Peter.