Unable to discover isw raid with 1.0.0-rc3

Jane Liu janliu at nvidia.com
Wed Aug 18 22:48:15 UTC 2004

Hi Heinz,

> > Just tried version 1.0.0-rc3 on my ICH5-R system, and still couldn't
> > discover the array.
>
> Well, I didn't get arround to your metadata yet ;)

Hah, I thought I was being a bit over-zealous. I'm actually on this
full-time right now :)
Anyway, thanks for the quick response.

> > So is dmraid intended for use with sysfs only now? If not,
> how can I get
> > it to obtain the correct sector count when "carrying on
> with /dev/"? I
> > mean, should I do something outside of dmraid to achieve this?
>
> Yes, sysfs is meant to be used in 2.6.
> Is there a special reason, why you can't use it ?

I don't know how to use sysfs. Whenever I run dmraid, it always says
something about not finding the sysfs mount point and carrying on with
/dev/. I've been running SuSE 9.1 with a 2.6.7 kernel, if that makes any
difference. I'm about to try a 2.6.8 kernel now.

Guess I'll google for sysfs. Any pointers from anyone most welcome.

Cheers,
Jane