PDC20267 FastTrak100 help needed for smp

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Sun Jan 23 12:01:54 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 01:53:29PM +0200, Helen Katz wrote:
> Hello,
>  We, as all the universities around the world, must install a new
> linux called Scientific Linux Cern 3.03 , based on RH EL-3 with adds on ,

> and I have a very hard time with this driver.

which driver? the ataraid driver is included in RHEL3 for which Academic
licenses are available for like almost no money. I don't know what CERN did
to their distro, but I can't imagine they removed the driver.

> Thanks to http://members.rogers.com/sith.warrior/build.htm
> I managed to prepare the driver for 2.4.21-20.EL.cernBOOT
> and 2.4.21-20.EL.cern and both drivers are working well.
> The only problem remains the driver for the smp , since we have
> Intel Xeon 2 CPU machines .

oh you're using the binary only software raid driver; please go elsewhere
(eg to Promise) for problems with that thing.