Promise 378 and ATA Raid

Nicolas DELY nanouck at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 06:07:45 UTC 2005

Hi,

Molle Bestefich a écrit :
> Gentoo is ridden with old versions of the various software you can emerge.
> When you report problems you should always tell what version of the
> software you are using.

I'm sorry :-(

> Please post "dmraid --version" and "dmsetup version".  If your dmraid
> is not -rc8, upgrade that.  If you're upgrading dmraid, there's a good
> chance that you also need to upgrade the various dm stuff.

$ dmraid --version
dmraid version:		1.0.0.rc6 (2005.02.28) static
dmraid library version:	1.0.0.rc6 (2005.02.28)
device-mapper version:	unknown

# dmsetup version
Library version:   1.01.00-ioctl (2005-01-17)
Driver version:    4.4.0

>>When I've run:
>>$ dmraid -ay
>>
>>I get a new device:
>>/dev/mapper/pdc_gjbjdagge
>

>>but 80GB only are available, then I create a partition with whole space
>

> Sounds like one of the bugs that Heinz has fixed in the last couple of months.

ok I'm going to try latest version

>>=> $ cfdisk /dev/sd[a|b] shows only one 80GB partition and 80GB free
>>space on both disks.
>

> Assuming that you've raided your disks in a RAID 1?

right

> You just said that you created an 80 GB partition - what did you expect?

I would like to use each max disk capacity ie 160Go (but only 80GB
appears in /dev/mapper/pdc_gjbjdagge). One or two partitions with lvm2.

>>Losing some ticks... checking if CPU frequency changed.
>
> Odd.  Very un-informative of the kernel not to tell whether it found
> problems or not.

maybe wrong dma options.

Thank you for help