Promise 378 in RAID mode

Joseph Bridges jd at si-corp.com
Fri May 19 23:20:44 UTC 2006

I am having a problem with the Promise Fasttrak 378 SATA controller.  I'd
like to dual-boot and use the system in RAID Mode.  When I install
RHEL 4 WS
update 3, the installer see BOTH drives even though the BIOS has RAID mode
selected and the Array had been created in the Fasttrak utility.

I've tried installing on just one of the two drives (/dev/sda) and also
using sda and sdb in a md0 software RAID.  Regardless, the systems hangs on boot up
right after the NASH entry.  I suspect it can't read the drive(s) becasue
the linux fasttrak drivers have no knowledge of the controller's
onboard RAID settings.

Has anyone had luck with this configuration?