[augeas-devel] Enhancements for libaugeas-ruby

Matthew Palmer matt at anchor.net.au
Tue Aug 11 21:20:15 UTC 2009

[What's with the Cc to a list I am already proven to read?]

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:16:35AM -0700, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 13:23 +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > I've unsucked libaugeas-ruby a little, making the open() call not absolutely
> > require three arguments (two of which aren't used 99% of the time), take a
> > block if you want (in standard Ruby IO style), and add access to the load
> > function from the standard library (which is kinda important if you want to
> > access files that aren't part of the standard set of incls).
>
> Thanks for the patch - unfortunately, it's against release-0.2.0, not
> the latest from git.

If I had known that a Git repo existed, I would have made my patch against
that.  However, from http://augeas.net/download.html:

"Check out the Ruby bindings from the mercurial repository"

Might be good to get that fixed up.

> That already has a binding for aug_load.

I can haz release plz?  <insert pleading kitten/puppy here>

> It's probably easiest if I add your changes to open by hand and commit
> them as a separate patch.

That would probably be best (as you appear to have done).

- Matt