[augeas-devel] Build fails on opensolaris 2008.11

Rob Chanter rchanter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 23:42:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 4:39 PM, David Lutterkort <lutter at redhat.com> wrote:

> I comletely forgot: pass '--enable-compile-warnings=yes' to ./configure
> - that will keep it from passing -Werror to gcc, and the build should go
> through.
>
> David

Thanks David. The build still failed because it couldn't find a valid
libreadline, but that was my own silly fault, and I was able to fix
that.

For the sake of the archives, if you have readline and ncurses from
Sunfreeware, the following is the correct configure line on
OpenSolaris:

LDFLAGS="-L/opt/sfw/lib -R/opt/sfw/lib" \
CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/sfw/include" \
./configure --enable-compile-warnings=yes

This also works on production Solaris 10 on a T2000 (sun4v), with the
Sun-shipped GCC in /usr/sfw/bin, GNU make and libreadline/libncurses
from Sunfreeware in /usr/local.

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib" \
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" \
./configure --enable-compile-warnings=yes

I'll have a go at building SYSV packages next.

cheers
rob