[augeas-devel] Build fails on opensolaris 2008.11

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 00:20:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 10:42 +1100, Rob Chanter wrote:
> Thanks David. The build still failed because it couldn't find a valid
> libreadline, but that was my own silly fault, and I was able to fix
> that.
>
> For the sake of the archives, if you have readline and ncurses from
> Sunfreeware, the following is the correct configure line on
> OpenSolaris:

Yeah, I think I should include a 'HACKING' or similar file. I'll
definitely include your notes.

Also, the testsuite (make check) currently fails in various embarrassing
ways - AFAICT, it's all bashisms and/or Linuxisms in the test scripts,
not actual problems with Augeas. If you happen to fix any of that up,
patches are most welcome ;)

> LDFLAGS="-L/opt/sfw/lib -R/opt/sfw/lib" \
> CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/sfw/include" \
> ./configure --enable-compile-warnings=yes
>
> This also works on production Solaris 10 on a T2000 (sun4v), with the
> Sun-shipped GCC in /usr/sfw/bin, GNU make and libreadline/libncurses
> from Sunfreeware in /usr/local.
>
> LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib" \
> CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" \
> ./configure --enable-compile-warnings=yes
>
> I'll have a go at building SYSV packages next.

When you have them done, let me know, I'll add links to the website.