[augeas-devel] Avoiding wheel reinvention with dpkg.cfg, and setting empty things.

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Sun Jan 4 07:26:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 02:12 -0800, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:32:41AM +0100, Raphaël Pinson wrote:
> > Thank you for this nice lens. I see you've been putting quite a lot of info
> > in comments in there.
>
> Ironically, I'm not using it myself at all anymore; I ended up
> having to use another solution.

I am curious as to why .. mostly to see if there are missing features
that caused you to use the other solution.

> > It would be nice if you could document using the standards
> > described on http://augeas.net/page/Documenting_your_modules,
>
> If all the good documentation is on the Wiki, perhaps the rest could
> be moved over and the documentation section point there?  I hadn't
> seen this at all.

Yeah, that would be a good thing, but hasn't happened because of ENOTIME
so far.

> > so your module can be included in
> > http://augeas.net/docs/references/lenses
>
> I notice that only 4 out of 35 files in the distributed lenses show
> up there.  What's up with that?

Another victim of lack of time ... the plan is (and has always been) to
gradually improve the docs of the existing lenses to get them all
covered.