[augeas-devel] set for multiple entries?

Frederik Wagner fnerdwq at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 25 18:19:08 UTC 2010

Hi .*,

I would like to append definitions for the console to _all_ kernel
lines ins the grub configuration. Is there a way to do that without
knowing howmany entries there are? E.g. using something like:

augtool> set /files/boot/grub/menu.lst/title[*]/kernel/console[1] ttyS0
or
augtool> set /files/boot/grub/menu.lst/*/kernel/console[1] ttyS1

I.e. so every title entry containing a kernel line would get
"console=..." parameters appended.
It is not working like I wrote, but there hopefully is away (btw. I'm
using augeas normally through puppet!).

Thanks for any help,
Frederik