[augeas-devel] FreeBSD /etc/rc.conf

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Thu Nov 18 10:24:42 UTC 2010

+--On 18 novembre 2010 09:39:53 +0000 "Richard W.M. Jones"
<rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
| Has anyone parsed /etc/rc.conf on FreeBSD?
|
| It's very simple -- a list of key=value pairs meant to be parsed by
| the shell -- and so I imagine that Augeas already has a generic lens
| to handle this.

There's a limited lense installed by the FreeBSD augeas port

| I've attached an example.  Note that the keys listed in the example
| are not exclusive.  There are many different keys possible in this
| file.

To your example, you could add comments at the end of a line like :

key=value # comment

The value is not forced to be in double quotes.

And in the end, rc.conf is a shell script, some of us do use some of that
power in it, and it would make it pretty hard to parse :-)

--
Mathieu Arnold