[augeas-devel] [Augeas] #261: augrun.c uses strchrnul() which is unavailable on some platforms (need newer gnulib?)

Augeas trac at fedorahosted.org
Fri Mar 2 18:18:14 UTC 2012

#261: augrun.c uses strchrnul() which is unavailable on some platforms (need
newer gnulib?)
----------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  solstice  |       Owner:  lutter
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Blocking:            |
----------------------+---------------------
 Building augeas 0.10.0 on x86_64-sun-solaris2.10 with the Oracle/Sun
 Studio 12.2 compiler toolchain.

 I get a link error because of a missing symbol, strchrnul(), which isn't
 part of Solaris' libc.  Augeas' copy of gnulib provides replacements for
 other missing or rejected functions, and
 http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/MODULES.html implies that strchrnul()
 is part of current gnulib.  Although I see a configure test to determine
 whether strchrnul() is declared (it isn't), it appears that the copy of
 gnulib shipped with augeas doesn't actually check for strchrnul() or
 provide a replacement.

 Looking at current gnulib, it appears it does include a replacement.  Not
 sure what's involved in updating gnulib, but I believe updating to a
 recent version would fix this issue.

 I worked around the issue for now by using a simple implementation of
 strchrnul() from the web and defining it statically in augrun.c

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/augeas/ticket/261>
Augeas <http://augeas.net/>