[augeas-devel] [Augeas] #261: augrun.c uses strchrnul() which is unavailable on some platforms (need newer gnulib?)

Augeas trac at fedorahosted.org
Fri Mar 2 18:55:48 UTC 2012

#261: augrun.c uses strchrnul() which is unavailable on some platforms (need
newer gnulib?)
------------------------+---------------------
  Reporter:  solstice   |      Owner:  lutter
      Type:  defect     |     Status:  closed
 Component:  Augeas     |    Version:  0.10.0
Resolution:  duplicate  |   Keywords:  solaris
Blocked By:             |   Blocking:
------------------------+---------------------

Comment (by solstice):

 Replying to [comment:1 domcleal]:
 > Sorry, another FTBFS on Solaris with 0.10.0.  Hopefully we'll catch
 these next time, I've been doing some end to end testing with the OpenCSW
 maintainer since.

 No apologies necessary, I appreciate that portability is even being
 considered beyond Linux.

 > You might find this useful, there are four patches we applied to the
 0.10.0 source to build on Solaris at OpenCSW:

 Thanks, I encountered all of those same issues and was going to try fixing
 up the tests; I'll take your patch for those.

 I've also noticed that several of the tests interact poorly with my
 personal bash environment.  When /bin/bash is the shell used to run the
 test script, my .bashrc is loaded and the test fails;  if I move my
 .bashrc out of the way, quite a few of the tests that fail will pass.  It
 might be worth considering adding something like "--norc" to the shbang,
 to avoid this potential issue.

 Thanks again,

 Tim

--