[augeas-devel] New Augeas release soon?

David Lutterkort lutter at watzmann.net
Fri Oct 31 17:36:02 UTC 2014

Hi Rich,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Is it possible that Augeas could make a new tarball release soon?

Yes, I'll try and get a release together next week Friday.

> Libguestfs is currently carrying around two lenses (upstream in
> Augeas, but not released), and this causes conflicts if either of
> those lenses is added to a downstream package (as has been done in
> RHEL 7.1).  And by "conflicts" I mean it breaks major features of
> tools like virt-sysprep & virt-customize & more.

Is there something that Augeas could do to help at least spot such issues
sooner ? We've talked in the past about some sort of annotation to indicate
lens compatibility, but that never went anywhere.

Is the breakage simply due to the fact that the upstream enses produce a
tree that's different from the one that the virt-* tools expect ?