[Avocado-devel] General test running questions

Olav Philipp Henschel olavph at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 1 15:37:45 UTC 2015

I have a few questions regarding test running, the multiplexer and test
variants:

In avocado-vt, each test has a cartesian config file that is applied
only to that single test. Is there any plan to do something similar with
multiplex files? Sometimes I want to create variants to one test but not
the other.
Is there currently any way of making a test dependent on another? For
example, if an unattended_install test fails, I want avocado to skip the
other tests.
Is there any way of specifying a set of tests to run, instead of passing
each one of them? In avocado-vt, we can specify the test provider, or a
substring of the complete test name. It would be useful if we could pass
globs or something like that to execute all tests in a directory.

Regards,
Olav P. Henschel