[Avocado-devel] Multiplex configuration failing

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 18:54:39 UTC 2015

Hi Olav,

Are you including the line numbers? If so, you shouldn't!

This is how an example file should really look like (without the markers):

--- start here <---
hw:
    cpu: !mux
        intel:
            cpu_CFLAGS: '-march=core2'
        amd:
            cpu_CFLAGS: '-march=athlon64'
        arm:
            cpu_CFLAGS: '-mabi=apcs-gnu -march=armv8-a -mtune=arm8'
    disk: !mux
        scsi:
            disk_type: 'scsi'
        virtio:
            disk_type: 'virtio'
distro: !mux
    fedora:
        init: 'systemd'
    mint:
        init: 'systemv'
env: !mux
    debug:
        opt_CFLAGS: '-O0 -g'
    prod:
        opt_CFLAGS: '-O2'

---> end here <---

This runs fine on my system (using the latest master), and produces:

avocado multiplex --tree /tmp/example.mux
 ┗━━ run
      ┣━━ hw
      ┃    ┣━━ cpu
      ┃    ┃    ╠══ intel
      ┃    ┃    ╠══ amd
      ┃    ┃    ╚══ arm
      ┃    ┗━━ disk
      ┃         ╠══ scsi
      ┃         ╚══ virtio
      ┣━━ distro
      ┃    ╠══ fedora
      ┃    ╚══ mint
      ┗━━ env
           ╠══ debug
           ╚══ prod

I will fix the docs to make it clearer that line numbers are not a part of the example file.