[Avocado-devel] avocado-vt: How to use Host_* variants?

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 09:18:59 UTC 2016

Dne 30.6.2016 v 21:21 Eduardo Habkost napsal(a):
> While trying to run the cpuid test cases using avocado-vt, I
> found out that the machine_rhel variants are being automatically
> filtered out. Then I found out that the most recent version of
> qemu_cpu.cfg depends on a "Host_RHEL" variant being defined.
>
> I don't know how this host-version check system works. Does
> anybody know how to make the Host_RHEL variant be defined and
> available when running the test cases under avocado-vt?
>
> Or is this Host_* magic not supported by avocado-vt yet and we
> can't run any of the variants containing "only Host_RHEL" under
> avocado-vt?

Hello Eduardo,

I haven't played with that part for a while, but Host_RHEL used to be
set by the internal runner used by QA and I don't think it was added to
avocado-vt, therefor the filters should not be pushed upstream (or the
support for it should have been added as well).

CC: Xu and Feng, do you guys know more about this?

Regards,
Lukáš