[Avocado-devel] Collaboration Workflow

Amador Pahim apahim at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 06:48:05 UTC 2016

On 05/31/2016 11:09 AM, Amador Pahim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are receiving a good number of Pull Requests from new contributors
> and this is great.
>
> In order to optimize the time spent on code reviews and also the time
> the code writers are investing in adjust the code according to the
> reviews, I'd like to expose my own workflow that I believe is close to
> the workflow used by the others full-time avocado developers.
>
> The hope is that the new comers get inspired by this and probably take
> advantage of it.

Thank you for the feedback. We got 2 more workflow tips ('set spell' on
vim and branch cleanup on your github fork).

Also, I'd recommend to try to avoid the travis check failure by running
locally the checks that travis is going to run when you create the pull
request. You can look the .travis.yml file in each repository to have
the list of commands. For avocado-misc-tests, they're only syntax check:

  $ inspekt lint
  $ inspekt indent
  $ inspekt style

The full work here will be part of our docs soon, as Cleber pointed out.

Best,
apahim