[Avocado-devel] New questions

Marcos E. Matsunaga Marcos.Matsunaga at oracle.com
Wed Sep 14 11:32:36 UTC 2016

Hi Folks,

I have some questions about how avocado works.

1. If I run avocado and give it a directory that has all tests. Is there
a way to specify the order of execution? I mean, if I name the files
001-xxx.py, 010-aa.py, will it execute 001-xxx.py before 010-aa.py or it
doesn't follow an alphabetical order?

2. Lets take into consideration that same directory. Some of the scripts
will have multiplex configuration files. Does avocado automatically look
at some specific directory for those multiplex configuration files? I've
tried to add them to the data, cfg and even the <script>.data
directories, but it seems that it doesn't look for them automatically,
only when I specify the option --multiplex, but then, the file will be
used by all scripts and I was only able to specify a single multiplex file.

3. I tried to find if it was possible to start multiple test processes
in parallel, but it seems that avocado doesn't have anything like that.
Lets say I have 4 guests and I want to execute performance tests while
same time. It doesn't have a feature that will do that, right?

Thanks for your time and help.

--

Regards,

Marcos Eduardo Matsunaga

Oracle USA
Linux Engineering

“The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.”