[Avocado-devel] Heads-up: dropping Python 2.6 support

Andrei Stepanov astepano at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 14:53:51 UTC 2017

It seems that I can install: Avocado LTS using virtualenv + avocado-vt from
github as a plugin.

avocado shows tp-qemu tests.

My steps are:

1. Enable RHEL optional repo.
2. yum install libvirt libvirt-devel xz-devel libffi-devel python-devel
openssl-devel openssl-devel "@Development tools"
3. python get-pip.py --user
4. ./.local/bin/pip install --user virtualenv
5. ./.local/bin/virtualenv a1
6. . ./a1/bin/activate
7. pip install -r
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/avocado-framework/avocado/36lts/requirements.txt
8. pip install 'avocado-framework==36.0'
9. pip install aexpect netaddr autotest
10. pip install -e "git+git://
github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt#egg=avocado-plugins-vt"
11. yum install yum install p7zip p7zip-plugins  # From EPEL  (can we get
away from p7zip ?)
12. yum install qemu-kvm qemu-kvm-tools
13. avocado vt-bootstrap --vt-no-downloads
14. avocado list

How do you think, is this right approach to use avocado + avocado-vt  on
RHEL 6.x + RHEL 7.x?