[Avocado-devel] Make tp-libvirt tests independant of import, delete_guest tests

sathnaga sathnaga at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed May 23 06:14:26 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I would like to propose below improvements to tp-libvirt,
please let me know your views.

With my recent enhancements/patches to avocado-vt framework,
We are now able to run tp-libvirt tests as below, standalone
like tp-qemu tests by skipping import and delete_guest tests.

# avocado run multivm_cpustress.stress_suspend --vt-type libvirt
--vt-extra-params create_vm_libvirt=yes kill_vm_libvirt=yes
env_cleanup=yes backup_image_before_testing=no
restore_image_after_testing=no vcpu_cores=2 smp=2 --vt-guest-os
JeOS.27.ppc64le
JOB ID     : 080fd40cc63fb4b68057a3f3d78fe7850dc995ea
JOB LOG    :
/home/sath/avocado-fvt-wrapper/results/job-2018-05-17T02.58-080fd40/job.log
  (1/1)
type_specific.io-github-autotest-libvirt.multivm_cpustress.stress_suspend:
PASS (291.43 s)
RESULTS    : PASS 1 | ERROR 0 | FAIL 0 | SKIP 0 | WARN 0 | INTERRUPT 0 |
CANCEL 0
JOB TIME   : 318.42 s

1) With this, We could now avoid if any initial xml changes
that we use to do inside tp-libvirt tests to match test env,
but this requires a small further change in framework to move
subtests.cfg to be imported at last.

i.e:-
right now in test-shared.cfg, configs are imported in below order

include base.cfg
include subtests.cfg
include host-os.cfg
include machines.cfg
include guest-os.cfg
include guest-hw.cfg
include cdkeys.cfg
include virtio-win.cfg
# Include special variable for specific driver.
include drivers.cfg

if we can make it like below will be good as test specific config can
take a priority.

include base.cfg
include host-os.cfg
include machines.cfg
include guest-os.cfg
include guest-hw.cfg
include cdkeys.cfg
include virtio-win.cfg
# Include special variable for specific driver.
include drivers.cfg
include subtests.cfg

2) Make below params bydefault enabled, so far the tests that am
running has no issues with this turned on, but this can wait for
some more time with more local runs without any issues and some might
not
work yet as above cfg adjustments needed.

create_vm_libvirt=yes
kvm_vm = yes  -- this already set(just mentioned because of dependency
for kill_vm_libvirt)
kill_vm_libvirt=yes
env_cleanup=yes

Please provide your comments and suggestion further!
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
-Satheesh