[Avocado-devel] timeout during setUp?

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 07:46:47 UTC 2018

Dne 08. 11. 18 v 21:03 Brian & Jennifer Murrell napsal(a):
> On Thu, 2018-11-08 at 13:02 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Is there some kind of time limit on the setUp() method?  60 seconds
>> perhaps?
>>

> NVM.  I figured this one out.

Dear Brian,

just to clarify, let me answer here. There is no timeout for setUp, but there are some timeouts in Avocado regarding test execution:

* Default test timeout = 86400
* Test.__init__ timeout = 60
* In normal execution:
  * Test receive status after test PID finished = 10
  * Test PID died after test status delivered = 60
* In interrupted execution (timeout/ctrl+c):
  * Test receive status after test PID finished = 1
  * Test PID died after test status delivered = 1

Looking at this I don't actually remember why we put the 1s in case of interrupted execution, perhaps we should re-evaluate. What do you think guys?

Regards,
Lukáš