[Avocado-devel] timeout during setUp?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Nov 9 11:52:29 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-11-09 at 08:46 +0100, Lukáš Doktor wrote:

> * In normal execution:
>   * Test receive status after test PID finished = 10
>   * Test PID died after test status delivered = 60

I'm not sure what those two are trying to describe exactly.

> * In interrupted execution (timeout/ctrl+c):
>   * Test receive status after test PID finished = 1
>   * Test PID died after test status delivered = 1

> Looking at this I don't actually remember why we put the 1s in case
> of interrupted execution, perhaps we should re-evaluate. What do you
> think guys?

Yeah.  I'm not sure why an interrupted test should be treated any
differently than a completed test, particularly in the direction of
giving it less time to clean up.  If anything, more, but even equal
would be fine I think.

Are the above two timeouts anything I can change within a subclass of
avocado.Test?

Cheers,
b.