[Avocado-devel] timeout during setUp?

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 17:35:30 UTC 2018

Dne 09. 11. 18 v 12:52 Brian J. Murrell napsal(a):
> On Fri, 2018-11-09 at 08:46 +0100, Lukáš Doktor wrote:
>>
>> * In normal execution:
>>   * Test receive status after test PID finished = 10
>>   * Test PID died after test status delivered = 60
>
> I'm not sure what those two are trying to describe exactly.
>
>> * In interrupted execution (timeout/ctrl+c):
>>   * Test receive status after test PID finished = 1
>>   * Test PID died after test status delivered = 1
>

>> Looking at this I don't actually remember why we put the 1s in case
>> of interrupted execution, perhaps we should re-evaluate. What do you
>> think guys?
>
> Yeah.  I'm not sure why an interrupted test should be treated any
> differently than a completed test, particularly in the direction of
> giving it less time to clean up.  If anything, more, but even equal
> would be fine I think.
>
> Are the above two timeouts anything I can change within a subclass of
> avocado.Test?

Unfortunately it's part of `avocado.core.runner` so you can't influence this from test. The fastest way would be to send a PR to master. Slightly slower could be to raise an issue on github, but it might take a while before someone picks this up. When it's on master, provided it's classified as BUG, we can backport it to 52.x and release it.

Anyway CCing Cleber and Caio as they might have a different opinion. As for me I'd be fine declaring it a BUG, because this looks like the cause of some of my failed-interrupted tests (I just haven't had time to look at it in depth as there were other more important things to do...).

Regards,
Lukáš