[Avocado-devel] avocado-vt "make check" output

Xiong, Huan huan.xiong at hxt-semitech.com
Fri Sep 14 02:04:46 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a few simple fixes for avocado-vt to get virito console tests running on aarch64 (e.g., passing -machine option to "qemu -device ?" command because qemu doesn't define a default machine type for aarch64 guests). I'm following the instructions on https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ContributionGuide.html to prepare a PR. But I'm getting stuck at this step:

"Make sure your code is working (install your version of avocado, test your change, run make check to make sure you didn't introduce any regressions).

Paste the job.log file content from the previous step in a pastebin service, like fpaste.org."

I manage to get inspector working on my machine, but the "make check" output doesn't look good:

https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/0dPwYymATvsHpiZpOQcr8Q

(FWIW, I ran into an odd Python3 setuptools internal error while installing inspector on my system, and worked around it by using python 2 and older versions of pylint and asteroid. I suppose that's irrelevant to the coding style issues above.)

My code change is simple and unlikely to introduce these issue. Can I ignore them? Thanks for any suggestion.

Ray