[Avocado-devel] remote runner passing vt-extra params

Brijesh Singh brijesh.ksingh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 22:55:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have been using the below command to launch a qemu boot test for my
Fedora guest. I have been passing multiple 'key=value' with
--vt-extra-params. Everything seems to be working well. The guest boot and
I can see that it's using all the params passed. Now if I try doing a
similar thing from remote runner plugin then it ignores all the --vt-* args
and launch the avocado on remote machine with default JeOS image and does
not use any of my --vt-params. Is this expected? If not, could you please
tell me what I am missing

thanks

# avocado run \
 --vt-qemu-bin /usr/local/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 \
 --vt-guest-os Fedora.28 \
 --vt-extra-params 'machine_type = q35
virtio_dev_iommu_platform=on
virtio_dev_disable_legacy=on
ovmf_path=/usr/share/OVMF
ovmf_code_filename=OVMF_CODE.secboot.fd
ovmf_vars_filename=OVMF_VARS.fd
restore_ovmf_vars=yes
bridge = virbr0
nic_mode = tap
mem = 1024' -- ' io-github-autotest-qemu.boot'

-Brijesh