[Avocado-devel] Avocado related questions

Junchao Zhang zhangjckimi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:09:07 UTC 2019

Dear avocado development team,

My name is Kimi. Currently I am working on Linux development. Our team used
Autotest before. Currently I am trying to use Avocado. It is really a great
framework. I have some questions that hope you can help me with.

1. Since I do not want to do installation on our arm system, I tried to
manually run avocado.
I copied the avocado script ~/.local/bin/avocado and added necessary
packages on the device. Then I can successfully running "python
SCRIPT_NAME". But looks like there is no subcommands options available.
subcommands:
  valid subcommands

  {}                    subcommand help

Did I miss something so that I can do "python SCRIPT_NAME run"?

2. When I tried avocado on my Ubuntu, it works fine. The only issue is
there isn't any tests available when I run "Avocado list". I just followed
the instructions on online doc.

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Thanks,
Junchao