[Avocado-devel] How to execute different tests of avocado-vt in one round

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 16:43:28 UTC 2019

On 1/8/19 8:57 AM, Vit Pelcak wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I would like to ask for help how to run several different tests in
> single run so that virtual machine doesn't have to be started for every
> single one of them.
>
> For example running:
> type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu.multi_nics_hotplug
> type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu.qemu_disk_img.info.backing_chain
> type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu.qemu_io_blkdebug
> type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu.qmp_command
>
> will mean that I will have to run "avocado run --vt-type qemu xyz" for
> each one of them. That will mean extra 10 minutes for each of them as VM
> will have to be started each time, resulting in extra 30 minutes time in
> total.
>
> Is it possible to overcome this so that virtual machine is started only
> once and all 4 tests are run on it? And I do not want to run all tests
> in "type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu", of course.

Should be doable by setting this to true:

https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt/blob/master/etc/avocado/conf.d/vt.conf#L7

# Keep guest running between tests (faster, but unsafe)
keep_guest_running=False

The net effect is that 'kill_vm*' parameters to the tests are modified.

Regards,
- Cleber.

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]