[Avocado-devel] How to execute different tests of avocado-vt in one round

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 17:15:52 UTC 2019

Dne 09. 01. 19 v 15:54 Vit Pelcak napsal(a):
> Hello.
>
> Dne 08. 01. 19 v 15:20 Brian J. Murrell napsal(a):
>> On Tue, 2019-01-08 at 14:57 +0100, Vit Pelcak wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While not really answering your question, per se but perhaps you are
>> trying to solve the wrong problem...
>>

>>> That will mean extra 10 minutes for each of them as
>>> VM
>>> will have to be started each time, resulting in extra 30 minutes time
>>> in
>>> total.
>>
>> Your virtual machine really takes 10 minutes to start?  Why so long?
>> It should be a minute or two at most.  Under a minute would not be
>> absurd.
>
> That is fair point.
>
> Maybe there is something else behind. I only noticed that instead of
> running for 30 seconds some tests may take 600-700 seconds when ran
> separately.

Well, job.log should be good place to look for the reasons. I bet big portion will be refreshing the image. Another possible issue could be that the image performs first boot every-time (you can see that in serial console log...). This can be worked around by booting the image without restore and then backup the booted image, anyway first boot should not take so long (unless there is something iffy).

Regards,
Lukáš