[Avocado-devel] Avocado 101 questions

Fajun Chen fajun.chen at seagate.com
Wed Jan 23 17:54:28 UTC 2019

Hi,

I just got started on Avocado. I was able to build, list and run tests
without issues after reading the documents. But I still have some
questions, which seems not covered by the documents.

   1. How to define the test sequence in yaml/json? An example file with
   test references and test parameters would be very helpful.
   2. Could the tests in a test job be executed sequentially and in
   predefined order?
   3. Could we skip subsequent tests when a test fails?
   4. How to abort test job upon critical test failure?
   5. How to add custom code to handle exceptions from tests?
   6. rsync is used to upload test logs to remote server, which is started
   after test completion. How to upload test logs incrementally for long
   running test before it completes
   7. How to run multiple test jobs in parallel?
   8. The test logs from low level lib modules are captured in job.log
   instead of in test specific directories.Just wonder if there're hooks in
   place to customize the logger so more test data are reported in test
   specific logs.

Thanks,
Fajun