[Avocado-devel] setting custom job_results subdir name

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Fri May 10 06:10:31 UTC 2019

Dne 09. 05. 19 v 18:11 Cleber Rosa napsal(a):
> On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 11:24:53AM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Having to sift through dozens of directories of the format:
>>
>> job-results/job-YYYY-MM-DDTHH.MM-<unique_hash>
>>
>> trying to find the results for a given test is frustrating.

I'm not sure whether I understand properly, what are you trying to achieve. From time to time I need to find particular result that executed certain tests. I do that simply by:

    ls *DATE*/test-results/*test_name*

>> While I realize that I can get the name of the dir to look into from
>> the avocado stdout, that stdout is not where I am looking when I look
>> at my test results when the results are in junit format.  Having to go
>> from junit results then to avocado stdout to discover the directory is
>> equally frustrating.
>>
>> If I can come up with my own unique job-results/<name> structure, am I
>> able to tell avocado to use my own name instead of it's conjured "job-
>> YYYY-MM-DDTHH.MM-<unique_hash>" name?
>>

> Hi Brian,
>
> Do you mean you'd like to set the final job results directory?  I mean,
> you can already do:
>
>   $ avocado run --job-results-dir=~/avocado/job-results/name/ -- /path/to/test

For CI this is what I'm using. I create a tmpdir for each execution and the "tmpdir/latest" points to the result. This nicely integrates with Jenkins as I can easily browse archived artifacts between builds as all of them share the same base (latest).

Regards,
Lukáš