[Avocado-devel] setting custom job_results subdir name

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri May 10 11:54:39 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-05-10 at 08:10 +0200, Lukáš Doktor wrote:

> I'm not sure whether I understand properly, what are you trying to
> achieve. From time to time I need to find particular result that
> executed certain tests. I do that simply by:
>
>     ls *DATE*/test-results/*test_name*

But what if you've run a dozen or two tests in a short time window of
an hour or two?

> For CI this is what I'm using. I create a tmpdir for each execution
> and the "tmpdir/latest" points to the result. This nicely integrates
> with Jenkins as I can easily browse archived artifacts between builds
> as all of them share the same base (latest).

Right.  But again, if there are a dozen or two tests worth of results
in the job's artifacts, one has to go spelunking through them all to
find the one that matches a failed test, which one is viewing in
Jenkins' Junit reporting facility.

Cheers,
b.