[Avocado-devel] Fwd: [avocado-framework/avocado] Welcome to avocado Discussions! (#4356)

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Dec 9 14:55:14 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-12-09 at 11:37 -0300, Willian Rampazzo wrote:
> Hello, Avocado community,

Hello Willian

> We have enabled Discussions on Avocado Framework GitHub Project. Feel
> free
> to ask questions, add suggestions, or comment on an open discussion!

How does that relate to this list?  Are they intended for different
purposes or will the overlap, partially or completely?  Or will
Discussions eventually replace this list?

Can we have discussions messages e-mailed to us, or is this more like a
"Forum" type of interaction where one has to just keep checking back at
the website periodically in case there is new topics?

FWIW, I dislike the latter.  It's a polling interface rather than an
interrupt driven one.  It doesn't scale.  Imagine having 100 of the
same type of interface (i.e. Forums) that you have to go check each
day, just in case there is a new topic you are interested in.  You
spend half your day just going to web sites, "just in case" there is
something new.

I hope the discussion that has historically happened on this list
doesn't migrate to such an interface.

Cheers,
b.