[Avocado-devel] Avocado release 75.1: Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at redhat.com
Wed Jan 22 06:20:43 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 08:58:37AM -0500, Cleber Rosa wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> This is yet another Avocado release announcement: 75.1 is now available!
>
> Release Notes
> =============
>
> Since we host the release notes alongside our official documentation,
> please refer to the following link for the complete information about
> this release:
>
>    https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/75.1/releases/75_1.html
>
> Installing Avocado
> ==================
>
> Instructions are available in our documentation on how to install
> either with packages or from source:
>
>  https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/75.1/guides/user/chapters/installing.html

BTW avocado-vt instructions still mention yum :)

> Updated RPM packages are available for Fedora 30 and 31 and EL 8
> (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, etc) for Python 3 only.
> If you require Python 2 support, the 69.0 LTS series (currently
> at version 69.2) should be used.
>
> Also, updated Python source and binary packages are available on PyPI:
>
>  https://pypi.org/project/avocado-framework/
>
> Avocado-VT
>
> We also provide convenience packages for Avocado-VT.  Packages are
> offered for Python 2 (to be used with previous Avocado versions, such
> as the LTS ones) and Python 3 on Fedora 30 and 31.

Hmm something wrong with avocado-vt:

Package python3-avocado-plugins-vt-75.0-0.fc31.noarch.rpm is not signed

BTW in avocado.repo I see
enabled_metadata=1

this seems to force metadata refetch on each update.
I commented it out apparently with no issue.