[Avocado-devel] RFC: Conscious Language in Avocado

Beraldo Leal bleal at redhat.com
Fri Jan 15 17:21:52 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I hope you are doing fine during this time.

I'm seeing some projects [1] eradicating problematic language [2] (words
like 'master', 'slave', 'black-list', 'white-list', etc) and I will be
glad to start this effort of removing those words here but first I would
like to know the Avocado's community option on this topic.

I have also started a discussion about this here[3], just in case you
are more comfortable there. I will try to do my best to collect the
ideas here and there.

[1] - https://github.com/github/renaming
[2] - https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/making-open-source-more-inclusive-eradicating-problematic-language
[3] - https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado/discussions/4384