seeking SRM device support info...

Buck Rekow rekow at bigskytel.com
Fri Apr 2 05:01:09 UTC 2004

I've called Com-pee or H-paq or whatever they are now several times
seeking the same piece of information. Perhaps someone here can tell me
what I need to know.

  First, I've been trying to find out what DEC 64-bit PCI  multi channel
scsi controller is supported by SRM 5.5-1 on PC164.

 Aso, when dowloading firmware, I am told the latest for PC164 is
version 5.6, yet when downloading what is purported to be the latest
firmware, I always end up with SRM 5.5-1

 Of course now that I'm here I should ask; Does anyone know what a "670
machine check" is?  I get these on shutdown (debian stable) and am
instructed by the firmware to hit the halt switch (appropriate large red
intermittent button). I do this, but am only rewarded by all the leds on
my box blinking... and no console...

  Thanks,
     Buck Rekow