Second IDE port not working on PC164

Kelledin kelledin+AXP at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 10 14:14:12 UTC 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 02:59 pm, Steven Moix - Axianet.ch
wrote:
> And completely off-topic, but does someone know where to buy
> more modern mobos as the LX? For exemple an XP1000..

As Jay done pointed out, most DEC motherboards post-LX164 require
custom case mounts and maybe even a custom power supply as well.

API Networks did make some ATX-form-factor boards for the EV6
line though--the most renowned being the UP2000 (dual Slot B,
six PCI, registered ECC PC100, onboard Adaptec SCSI).  It's an
extremely demanding beast, though; most (cheap) ATX cases don't
have the power capacity or the physical layout to handle it.
Your best hope there is to get a pre-built system with a UP2000
board, like an API PowerRAC 320.

There's also a UP1500 board--IIRC it's mini-ATX or micro-ATX,
with DDR SDRAM slots, single EV6 processor, a few PCI slots, and
an AGP slot.

Neither one is easy to get, though.  Your best bet would probably
be to watch on eBay and be ready to shell out several hundred
dollars when one appears.  ATM I'm unable to afford one. :-(

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"