cards and several messages

Buck Rekow rekow at bigskytel.com
Wed Dec 22 21:32:42 UTC 2004

WEll, I am looking at  getting ready to beef my alpha up a little, what
with the 500 on the way.

I have some cards here I may look at installing, and i'd like to know if
anyone has any of these working on pc164 with srm 5.5.whatever (latest
release for my platform)

for video I have
Rage128 pro -16 meg (doubt it will work)
Fire GL 1000 Pro
Fire GL 3000 Pro (crashy under X in debian stable)

For scsi I have
Installed adaptec 2985 three channel 50 pin scsi card, srm doesn't see
it, so I boot of a really crappy ide disk

or

(just got this out of an intergraph)
an LSI Logic symbios sym8952u (53c895) which *may* run under SRM (I hope)

I am also wanting to install an MDA adapter (but none successfully boot)
and a magma PCI expansion chassis (anyone tried one?)

Nelson: haven't gotten the chip yet, but i'm sure .pt (wherever that is,
ui can't find the TLD to country list anymore) is pretty far away

I will be installing those slackware disks soon, especially if the LSI
card works.  Last i tried the slackware boot disks from oranged.to they
failed to boot pc164, so i hope this works.