XL-266 install

trevor embed526 at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 20 18:27:15 UTC 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 13:15, U. George wrote:
> Some arc consoles, as i remem from long ago, allowed you to select
> either the ARC, or SRM console.  It was an option in the menu. BUT not
> all machines had this ability.

Unfortunately I think this is the category I fit in. According to the MILO FAQ
(aka the "Alpha Miniloader Howto"):

	Please note that the preferred way of booting Linux is via SRM console and
	MILO should only be used if either there is no SRM console for your hardware
	(XL series) or your current hardware isn't supported by SRM.

Which describes me since I have an XL-266.