XL-266 install

U. George gatgul at gatworks.com
Fri Feb 20 18:56:51 UTC 2004

It was the same for the no-name ( 166-233mhz )  , and I think for the
lx164 also .  When NT/alpha became unsupported u had a choice of getting
and installing the srm console. Arc console was more friendly though.
 Although over time, due to lack of use, you forget how to properly
start either types of consoles.

I'm not too sure if *prefered* matters anymore.  There was no more
support for the NT stuff at that time.  Now, or very soon, there wont be
any support for the SRM either.  I'm sure that (dec/compaq ) HP now
prefers a whole another approach.

if you can get the linload/milo boot sequence working from arc, i would
keep the arc console.  After all you may find the NT/3.5 CD's around
somewhere ! :-}