Fedora from Mike Barnes

Mike Barnes strepsil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 09:00:36 UTC 2004

Wow. Things all got ahead while I was away.

Sorry for not being very responsive lately, folks. I spent last week
at an OS X conference (doing a talk on systems integration and LDAP,
which was fun) and have just started a new job this week.

I have a substantial amount of uploading to do. The version of the
tree that's sitting on the FTP server right now is pretty out of date.
It's mostly what's running on my development machine, but I've since
recompiled the whole tree over again under the more up-to-date system,
which stabilised things quite nicely.

Crisitan also has a nicely sanitised version of glibc-kernheaders, and
is now getting good builds of glibc. EV6 optimised builds should be
possible now, as soon as I get a free moment to fire up the hardware.

Getting the installer working is really bogged down. Was just starting
to discuss the situation on Anaconda-Devel when I left for Sydney last
week. Will get back on top of that soon.

All in all, it's looking good - but we're a fair way off yet. Anyone
who gets their system up to the point mentioned earlier in this thread
has a really good base to start building on. :)