Fedora from Mike Barnes

Michal Jaegermann michal at ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca
Tue Jul 13 04:16:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 03:02:03AM -0400, Arc C. wrote:
> I'm assuming yum is a set of python scripts, but still uses rpm.

Kind of.

> And that's what the problem was - I couldn't use rpm from Fedora while
> booted into RH7.2 installation - somehow the old kernel prevented rpm
> from working.

Running with ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.6 in environment, or something of that
sort, would likely solve that issue.  If not then installing just enough
to boot into a single user mode and continue from there would be another
option.  Yet another is to get yum for Red Hat 7.3 (such beast exists)
up and running on your original installation.  I cannot be sure of all
details as I did not try that myself but usually there are various ways
to skin a proverbial cat.

   Michal