FC2 on Alpha

Mike Barnes strepsil at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 04:14:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:16:16 -0500, Arkadiy Chapkis - Arc
<achapkis at dls.net> wrote:
>   WOW! I've had exactly the same problems, but did not run gdb on any of that. Also I believe that glibc pthread.so is
> cause some weird results with Mysql server (php can't run queries on mysql). It'd be nice to see the resolution to
> this. Thanks!

Some notes on the issues you guys brought up ...

The MySQL package is one of the few that actually built fairly early
on in the development stage, but now refuses to rebuild. Can't
remember the exact problem off the top of my head, but I'll get around
to publishing the build process output of a few troublesome packages
soon. I hope someone has some insight.

Mozilla is in the same boat. If you look at:
ftp://ftp.maths.monash.edu.au/pub/carmen/SRPMS/mozilla-1.7-0.3.2icbinu1.src.rpm

That SRPM (pulled from the Fedora dev tree) has an extra patch worked
in to deal with one of the major build bugs, but still suffers from a
segfault when running regchrome late in the build. If anyone wants to
take a look, I'd be eternally grateful. :)

Sound-wise, my DS10 is working with a card using the snd_cmipci
module. That's the only hardware I've got to test with. I've also got
a USB2/IEEE1394 card I've been meaning to drop in and test, but
haven't gotten around to it yet. The built-in USB ports on the DS10
have never worked for me.

I've been considering putting up a Wiki somewhere for platform-ad
package-specific notes, at least until it's viable to push for getting
the Alpha made "mainstream" enough to just dump our issues in the
Fedora Bugzilla system. Anyone got any recommended Wiki packages for
this? I've never really played with the things.