FC2 on Alpha

Mike Barnes strepsil at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 04:19:49 UTC 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:04:04 +0200, Andrija Pantovic
<andrija.pantovic at ubs.com> wrote:
> Xorg runs smoothly and it seems to be rock solid on my Matrox G200 (I am
> having xorg-6.7.0-5 with alpha_elfloader_support_R_ALPHA_SREL32 patch
> applied).

Now that's strange. I worked that patch into a new spec file for
xorg-x11, and it's sitting there on the system, but for some reason I
never built the thing. I must have been distracted by something shiny.

Running a rebuild now. Updated X.org packages coming soon, including
that patch. No other changes from FC2 release, so don't bother
upgrading (or sidegrading?) if you've built your own and it's working.

Oh - anything new from here on in is going in the updates branch.
Shaky as it is, I'm calling the existing Carmen tree "stable". :)

Perhaps "definitive" would be a better word ...