USB on XP1000 with recent kernels

Heid Oliver oliver.heid at siemens.com
Mon Mar 8 14:10:19 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I need some help with my XP1000 (Monet): The recent 2.4 and 2.6 kernels do not support the onboard USB
controller anymore. The usual patch to hardcode the irq in ohci_probe_pci() in drivers/usb/host/usb-ohci.c worked nicely,
but it looks the PCI infrastructure changes in 2.4.21-pre5 broke it - now the controller is not even identified during PCI
bus scanning, and module loading quits at a very early state before calling ohci_pci_probe().
Can anybody give me a hint how to fix it?
IIRC the Miata also has a cy82c693 superIO controller with hardwired IRQ. Do I need something similar as in
miata_map_irq() (in arch/alpha/kernel/sys_miata.c) ?!

Thanks a lot
    Oliver