OT: Partition table lost

Arkadiy Chapkis - Arc achapkis at dls.net
Sat Nov 27 02:09:41 UTC 2004

  Hello everyone,

  I apologize for the off-topic, but getting desperate and don't know where to turn. Because of my PWS500 became
unstable as a server, I finally got an Athlon64 to replace it. Everything is OK so far, except an external array (SUN
A1000). Somehow the partition table is not seen on a new machine, but it was there on the old one. Same thing happened
to the internal SCSI disk drive: as I tried to put it inside the new box, I didn't see any labels on it either. However
being back in PWS500 is all right again. With an A1000 it must be attached to a new server, so I have to figure out how
to get the partition (the size of a whole disk) and, most importantly, the data on ot back. Tried to put a new
partition label on it (using fdisk), but can't fsck and mount it.

  I really apreciate any idea that will get me back on track. Thank you!

                                      Arc C.
                                      achapkis at dls.net