To the hackers who tried playing with Fedora-AXP

Richard Irving rirving at antient.org
Fri Oct 8 19:39:46 UTC 2004

Ronald Reed wrote:
> So, was it a serious attack or just a script kiddie?
>
> Ron

   Hrrrmmm.. It was pretty crafty, but they made a fatal
assumption.

  It -could- have been a script kiddy, but it demonstrated
familiarity with an Alpha....

   (Remember, someone bright writes the scripts)

   But, not my -specific- one, and its build.

    :)

  It surprised me, with the quality of the hack,
after determining "how".... the "what" was the flawed,
but an interesting approach.

  Hence the post...

And, I'd rather not go into too many details.

  "A girl has to have a -few- secrets, you know"

(Not that I am a girl...)

But, I will leave you with this final thought:

  "That which doesn't kill us,
              makes us Stronger..."

  ;)